THE DCS RESEARCH REQUIREMENTS APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Click to Download forms below:
Please note that all research projects involving an offender or members of SA Department of Correctional Services is subject to a formal application, review and approval process as described in the DCS Research Policy.
All research applications must be made on the appropriate forms, namely:
The Research Application Form (G179)
The Agreement form
These forms must be accompanied by:
- A comprehensive research proposal
- Certified copies of ID’s must not be older than 3 months
- Approval letter from the Research Ethics Committee of any South African Academic Institution OR any other recognised Research Ethics Committee in South African e.g(HSRC and SAMRC)
- The research instrument/tool (e.g. questionnaire )
- University proof of registration (if you are the student)
|Closing Date for Application||REC Meeting|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||5 February 2019||22 February 2019|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||15 March 2019||05 April 2019|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||17 May 2019||14 June 2019|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||26 July 2019||16 August 2019|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||13 September 2019||04 October 2019|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||08 November 2019||29 November 2019|
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DEALT WITH AT THE NEXT REC MEETING.
Applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome of their application.
Applications can be sent to:
Tel : 0123072770