THE DCS RESEARCH REQUIREMENTS APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Click to Download forms below:
Please note that all research projects involving an offender or members of SA Department of Correctional Services is subject to a formal application, review and approval process as described in the DCS Research Policy.
All research applications must be made on the appropriate forms, namely:
The Research Application Form (G179)
The Agreement form
These forms must be accompanied by:
- A comprehensive research proposal
- Certified copies of ID’s must not be older than 3 months
- Approval letter from the Research Ethics Committee of any South African Academic Institution OR any other recognised Research Ethics Committee in South African e.g(HSRC and SAMRC)
- The research instrument/tool (e.g. questionnaire )
- University proof of registration (if you are the student)
|Closing Date for Application||REC Meeting|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||12 February 2021||26 February 2021|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||9 April 2021||23 April 2021|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||11 June 2021||25 June 2021|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||13 August 2021||27 August 2021|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||15 October 2021||29 October 2021|
|Academic Institutions, Students and Organizations||12 November 2021||26November 2021|
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DEALT WITH AT THE NEXT REC MEETING.
Applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome of their application.
Applications can be sent to:
Tel : 0123072463